A few members over at the SoftTH Forums figured out how to get SoftTH v.108b properly working with TF2.

Seems the magic sauce was to put the relevant files in these locations:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\XXUSERNAMEXX\team fortress 2\
SoftTH.cfg
SoftTH_hook.dll

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\XXUSERNAMEXX\team fortress 2\bin\
d3d8.dll
d3d9.dll

Click Here to watch in HD!

Download The Music! Warning the website may be Not Safe For Work.

Tips: Use spacebar to move through the new map screens.
Download my Config file: softth
I load the game and switch to 16:9 and 4000×1200 resolution for it to work. It does not seem to like any other aspect ratio for me.

Digg This!

Comments

7 Responses to “Team Fortress 2 Working with SoftTH”

1. Grizz on January 26th, 2009 5:18 pm

yatataatatata yatatatatata ka-boom! ka-boom!

2. LoRk on January 31st, 2009 4:10 pm

i have a error of reading memory or something like that
    pc amd6000+
    ati 4670
    2gb de ram
    asus m2n sli
    3tft 17\ 1280×1024 (well, righ now have 2, one die x( but in other games i can still use softth, unplayable of course cause whit 2 monitors is horrible http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/2779/94776480mp4.jpg )
    mi pc not a high end pc but tf2 i thing can handle tf2 in 3072×768 40fps+, or no? :( i play whit all settings low if are necesary to have a decent frame rate…

if are a problem whit ati i go to ati oficine and i burn all!

thx and sorry for my english i NEED to play tf2 whit 3 monitor, is the best gaming configuration :D

ps. y play only 6 on 6 match, no in servers whit 32 player, i need de good frame rate (40fps+) in 6 on 6 no in 32 publics, thats a imposible dream on my pc in 3072×768 xddd

3. LoRk on January 31st, 2009 8:00 pm

i tested whit your config and and i can play 20 seconds and crash, what your pc specs?

4. Grizz on February 2nd, 2009 1:27 pm

A crash after that duration of time could be many things from overheating to inproper settings.

I would start with temporary reducing the quality to minimal settings and see if this allows you to play full rounds.

Also it never hurts to inspect your PC for clumped up dust or poor ventilation.

My current PC is quite the powerhouse in some aspects. I have A QX9650 CPU, 4 Gigs of DDR2 1066, two 8800GTS in SLI rendering the image and a 7950GT managing the side monitors.

5. kodex on February 11th, 2009 1:15 am

Cool music, but what are you doing surfing a site for *******?

*Intolerance is unacceptable here – Admin*

6. Grizz on February 11th, 2009 8:42 am

I discovered RenardV through a Team Fortress 2 server that was broadcasting his GlaDOS Remix, and have seeked out his music ever sence.

7. Team Fortress 2 Triple Monitors on SoftTH in Windows 7 « Delayed Flight on May 3rd, 2009 10:47 am

[...] reading this article from Multimonitor.net showing that it was possible to get Team Fortress 2 to run on triple monitors [...]